Monday, April 4, 2022

Continue Editing

The last time my group and I edited, a lot was completed. The task was to cut things out to save time and get rid of unnecessary things. The film has to be two minutes or under, the video without any edits had around two minutes and thirty seconds. Sabrina did majority of cutting out the clips. Ashley and I told her what had to be cut out. After Sabrina cut out all the clips thats weren't necessary, Michael revised the video. I was a bit disappointed to see some scenes get cut out because I liked them. But I was also surprised because it still turned out good even with all the cuts. Michael caught a lot of errors along the way. He noticed the blurry parts, issues with the lighting, sound, specific shots, etc. I had a bit of fun playing around with different types of transitions. For example, fade-ins and fade-outs. Transitions are my favorite part of editing because it adds something cool to the film. Towards the end of the film, I remembered to add in the sound. Ashley played piano for the sound at the end of the video. I think it sounded really good and helped with the vibe my group and I were going for. I also tried many filters to put over the video but I did not find any that I liked. My group and I wanted it to seem more real and using a filter would make it seem a bit fake. When the editing process was finally finished, the film ended at exactly two minutes. I am very grateful for Sabrina's editing skills as well as Michael because without them the film wouldn't be how it is now. I am also very thankful for Ashley to give great advice and recommendations. 

             


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Down below is my CCR. I hope you enjoy watching it because I know I did. It was an interesting process throughout.